Dive into the OpenJDK: Top 10 Reads on Foojay.ioJuly 19, 2023
Foojay.io is a community platform dedicated to the needs of Java developers (and beyond, e.g., Kotlin) who use OpenJDK and related technologies.
It serves as a central hub for sharing knowledge, resources, and tools related to Java and OpenJDK.
The platform offers a wide range of content, including articles, tutorials, and insights from industry experts and Java enthusiasts.
Whether you're a seasoned developer or a beginner in the world of Java, Foojay.io provides valuable information and a supportive community to help you navigate and excel in your Java development journey.
Today, we bring you the top 10 most viewed articles on Foojay.io:
- Working with Multiple Carets in IntelliJ IDEA. This article provides a comprehensive guide on how to work with multiple carets in IntelliJ IDEA, a popular integrated development environment (IDE) for Java.
- Java 17 on the Raspberry Pi. This piece explores the use of Java 17 on the Raspberry Pi, a series of small single-board computers. It provides insights into the performance and compatibility of Java 17 on this platform.
- Beginning JavaFX with IntelliJ. This article is a beginner's guide to using JavaFX, a software platform for creating and delivering desktop applications, with IntelliJ IDEA.
- Project Panama for Newbies Part 1. This is the first part of a series introducing Project Panama, an OpenJDK project aimed at improving the connection between Java and native code.
- Creating Mobile Apps with JavaFX Part 1. This article is the first in a series that guides readers through creating mobile applications using JavaFX.
- 7 Reasons Why After 26 Years, Java Still Makes Sense. This piece provides seven compelling reasons why Java remains a relevant and powerful programming language even after 26 years of its existence.
- Clean Shutdown of Spring Boot Applications. This article discusses how to cleanly shut down Spring Boot applications to prevent data corruption and ensure the smooth operation of your applications.
- The Evolution of APIs: From RESTful to Event-Driven. This piece explores the evolution of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) from RESTful to event-driven, discussing the benefits and use cases of each approach.
- Introducing BLD: A New Pure Java Build System. This article introduces BLD, a new build system written purely in Java, discussing its features and benefits.
- Top 10 Java Language Features. This article explores ten Java programming features frequently used by developers in their day-to-day programming jobs, such as Collection’s factory method, Local Type Inference, Enhanced Switch Expression, Records, Optional, Java Date Time API, Helpful NullPointerException, CompletableFuture, Lambda Expression, and Stream API.
We invite you to read these insightful articles and join the conversation on our LinkedIn page.
Stay updated with the latest in Java and join a community of enthusiastic Java developers!
Note that, you're not just getting updates—you're joining a network of software engineers, book authors, pioneers, and thought leaders in this space.