Foojay Podcast #2: Embedded JavaJuly 22, 2021
Foojay community members and beyond discuss embedded Java:
- James Gosling, creator of Java and embedded enthusiast. Distinguished engineer of AWS GreenGrass and former Liquid Robotics, an autonomous ocean vehicle powered by water.
- Frank Delporte, engineer with Toadi, an autonomous lawn-mowing robot (no wires) and Pi4J contributor of Raspberry-pi based robots.
- Johan Vos, founder of Gluon, helping make fully cross-platform applications where a single JavaFX codebase runs natively on embedded, iOS, Android, PCs, and browsers.
- Erik Costlow, developer relations for Contrast Security, locating security flaws in backend systems. Developer of home fuel/gas sensors.
- Java in Education: Combining Java with Rasperry Pi and the Pi4J Library
- Discussion topics including:
- How Java was used in the ocean and how it makes complex problems possible.
- The speed of garbage collectors versus the speed of shark attacks (GC wins).
- Quick prototypes with Raspberry Pi, scaling through AWS GreenGrass.