JReleaser 0.5.0 Released!July 01, 2021
JReleaser v0.5.0 has been released!
JReleaser is a tool that streamlines creating releases for [Java] projects. It can create a GitHub/GitLab/Gitea release, while also packaging binaries for Homebrew, Snapcraft, Docker, Chocolatey, Scoop, JBang and, more than that, announces releases to Twitter, SdkMan!, e-mail, Zulip, Discord, Gitter, Slack, Teams, and more.
In this release you'll find updates and features such as:
- Support for two additional distribution types: NATIVE_PACKAGE and BINARY. The first type enables artifacts of type
.exeto be used with packagers (currently Homebrew); the second type enables non-Java distributions as long as they provide an executable or launcher script.
- The Homebrew packager supports generating casks for
- Artifacts of distributions of type NATIVE_IMAGE must now be packaged as zip file; the nativeImage assembler has been updated to produce zip files.
- The Sdkman announcer can publish distributions of type JLINK and NATIVE_IMAGE.
- Speaking of announcers, there are two brand new announcers, the first is Google ChatBot, the second is for generic incoming webhooks.
- When updating a Git release you can now choose a combination of title, body, assets.
Full changelog can be found at the v0.5.0 release page.
More information about the tool can be found at https://jreleaser.org.