FXGL Game Engine 11.16 ReleaseMay 25, 2021
FXGL is a JavaFX game engine: https://github.com/AlmasB/FXGL
- The restored Multiplayer Service allows easy replications of input, events and entities on a remote machine. For example, by just adding a single line of code (see MultiplayerService API), any key or mouse inputs that occur on one end of the connection can be replicated on the other end.
- The new FPS camera allows easy control of the player (or their "line of sight") in the context of a first-person 3D game.
- There is no longer a transitive dependency on the
javafx.swingmodule. This means FXGL users will not need an extra module in their module graph.
- Restored and refactored MultiplayerService
- Added ReplicationEvent (javafx event that can be replicated on a remote machine)
- FPS camera (
- Mouse sensitivity setting
- Removed dependency on
javafx.swingmodule, thanks to @FDelporte
- Performance improvements in Tiled map loading, thanks to @adambocco
- Model3D can be loaded from an .obj
- Model3D now has a copy()
- Added Cuboid shape
- EntityGroup::size(), thanks to @adambocco
- Allow providing a custom default cursor for all scenes
- Internal physics refactoring
- Entity no longer throws an exception when adding a duplicate Component (warns instead), thanks to @Zhack47
- JavaFX 15 -> 16
- Compile target for Kotlin: 1.8 -> 11